The friendly chalet in St-George, Switzerland.
Welcome to Moto-Chalet, the spacious and modern chalet (not only) for motorcyclists.
Built in 2015, Moto-Chalet is located at an altitude of 1000 m, snuggled in the heart of the nature park Jura vaudois and located at the outskirts of the village of St-George, with splendid views of the Alps and Lake Geneva.
At Moto-Chalet,the boss rides and maintains his motorcycles himself. Thus we know exactly what it takes to sweeten your holidays on two or more wheels:
- A closed garage for your motorcycles
- A dry space for maintenance (metric tools and air compressor available)
- Barbecue grill (charcoal)
- Your own kitchen with a big fridge, oven, microwave, Nespresso coffee machine and toaster
- Lots of space and light in the 45 m2 living room
- Separate bedroom of 15 m2 with a large double bed and a private bathroom
- A sofa bed for two more people
- Free Wi-Fi and flat-screen TV
- Gas station (24/7) )in the village
- Washing machine and tumbler (upon request)
Moto-Chalet also offers two outdoor car parking lots. A restaurant and a grocery store are located just a few steps away.
The village of Saint-George is located in the heart of the Swiss Jura and the Jura Vaudois park, on the southern ramp of the Col du Marchairuz pass and just a few kilometers from Vallée de Joux, the "watchmaker valley".
Of course we have suggestions for trips at hand, be it a short evening ride or that full-day trip ;-)
Our region is full of curiosities, just waiting to be discovered, all easily accessible by foot or a short ride from the chalet. During summer there are many walks and hikes where you will discover the Glacière, the Rocher de l’eau pendante ("rock of the hanging water"), the historic mill with its hydraulic saw, the old lime kiln, the Chemin de la Roche du Ciel and the Chemin du Mont-Chaubert. Nearby are attractions like the Garenne Zoo (6 km), the indoor swimming pool in Bassins (8 km), the Park Signal-de-Bougy (9 km), the Arboretum in Aubonne (13 km) and the Parc Jurassien Vaudois.
In winter, there are snowshoe trails within walking distance. Two ski lifts depart from St-George and provide access to two ski trails. The cross-country ski center connects a network of trails to the Vallée de Joux with 20 km of classic-style tracks, 20 km of skating tracks, 12 km snowshoe tracks and 12 km of walking tracks, plus a 500-m slope for bobsledding.
Even in bad weather (should we have it), public transport connections provide several reliable links with the Lausanne-Geneva axis.
Where to find us
- Route du Marchairuz 29A
Rental is possible according to your needs, from a single day or a week-end up to several weeks.
- Base rate: 95 CHF per night (1 or 2 people). Currency Converter.
- Weekend rate: 180 CHF, from Friday evening to Sunday evening.
- Decreasing rate for longer stays, depending on the duration: Request an offer!
- Please note that we do not accept credit cards: please pay in cash (CHF or EUR), or up-front by Bank transfer.
Breakfast be arranged upon request.
Curious to know more? Feel like staying with us for a few days, or even longer? Do not hesitate get in touch with us! In our family, we speak French, English, German, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese.